Press Release and Response
- DHI BizAP Closing Ceremony
- DHI BizAP Press Release
- Druk Metallurgy Limited Press Release
- Appointment of DHI Chairman
- Appointment of DHI Chief Executive Officer
- DOC Cup Press Release
- Leadership and Change Management Workshop for Senior Executives of DHI Companies
- DHI and DHI Owned Companies to support and promote Local Bhutanese Products
- Signing Of Memorandum of Understanding between DHI, HI and AFF
- Bhutan To Host First Better Business Summit
- Shareholders' Agreement - DHI and SBI
- Initial Public Offering (IPO) of Dungsum Polymers Limited
- DHI & Contract Employment
Construction of MS Billets and TMT Bars Manufacturing Plant by Druk Metallurgy Limited
(A Joint Venture FDI Company)
The groundbreaking ceremony (Salhang Tendrel) for the construction of MS Billets and TMT Bars Manufacturing plant at Motanga Industrial Park will be held at 9:30 am on 27th September 2018.
As the investment arm of the Royal Government of Bhutan, Druk Holding and Investments Limited (DHI) has been exploring investments in various business sectors, which has immense contribution towards the socio-economic development of our country. One such initiative is Druk Metallurgy Limited, an energy intensive integrated steel plant. DHI in partnership with Mr. Dilip Kumar Goenka, Principal Partner of KD Iron and Steel, Assam is setting up a steel plant to manufacture MS Billets and TMT Bars in Motanga Industrial Park in Samdrup Jongkhar. The plant is an export-oriented unit targeting markets in the northeast region of India.
The plant is an integrated steel plant with state-of-art steel melting facility based on Induction Furnace (IF) Technology, Continuous Casting Machine (CCM), hot charging to the rolling mill stands, together with the necessary automations and automatic materials handling systems including advanced environmental pollution control equipment.
|Name of the Project:||Druk Metallurgy Limited|
|Location:||Motanga Industrial Park, Samdrup Jongkhar|
|Ownership Structure:||FDI Joint Venture Company - DHI and Mr. Dilip Kumar Goenka|
|Installed capacity:||200,000 MTPA Billets (Phase I)|
|200,000 MTPA TMT Bars (Phase II)|
|Total Project Cost:||~Nu. 1,300 million|
|Power requirement:||30MW per annum|
|Project period:||October 2018 – July 2020|
Besides earning Indian Rupees from its export, the company is expected to employ about 165 people in the first phase and 219 people in the second phase.
[For any queries related to this project, you may please contact Mr. Sherab Namgay, Associate Director, Department of Investment, DHI. Mobile 17117485]
Druk Holding & Investments Limited
P.O. Box # 1127